Shenna and Kiera both wanted to audition for the show "ANNIE" this spring. We knew that they were too old to be orphans, but they can always use house staff! Since they were trying out, I decided that I might as well. We figured we would be maids together.
Both Shenna and Kiera did get the parts of maids. They did have names though.
Shenna was Annette and Kiera was Cecile.
I got the part of the head housekeeper, Mrs. Drake.
It was actually quite a fun part to play!
| Jennifer, Madison and Roseann....some of the housestaff taking a break |
Did I mention that our dog, River played the part of "Sandy"? He actually was amazing! It made me a little proud at how well-behaved he was and how well he followed his cues.
He even started recognizing the music and would start to head for his entrance on his own before I would start to take him.
| River, Miss Hannigan and Mrs. Drake |
| Kiera and Shenna with Miss Hannigan and some of the other girls in the cast with River |
1 comment:
I was in Annie twice (once in the chorus and once as an orphan) back in my younger years. If I had girls interested in drama I might look into trying out for something, but alas, I have five boys who only like sports and video games.
It's fun you can do it as a family (even including the dog!)
Post a Comment