Friday, July 13, 2012

Homeward Bound - Our Awesome Family Road Trip Vol. 4

Some of our final activites took place on our drive home. We stopped in at LEWIS and CLARK CAVERNS STATE PARK and went through the cave. We had a fun time...by we I may be talking just Aaron and me. The jury is still out on whether or not the kids enjoyed it. To start out with, you have to hike a little distance uphill on a trail in the heat to get to the cave entrance. That just MAY have been the kids' favorite part! -do you sense the sarcasm there?


I told them to look like they had just trekked up the side of a mountain with the sun beating down on them for 20 minutes.  I think they captured that look rather well.
Inside the cave it was quite a bit cooler.  I think that made them happy for awhile. Until of course the realization that they were inside a dark cave with deep, narrow caverns to climb through sunk in.
did I mention it was dark in there?

Sam had the hardest time and basically drove himself into an asthma attack with his panicking.  However, right here he looks like he is having fun!


After the trauma of the cave, it was time to eat.  Our tradition is to stop in Dell to eat at the famous
Calf-A there.  If you ever are heading that way, stop on in.  I do believe that sometimes the number of people inside out-number the residents of this tiny town.  

I had a hard time seeing this vacation come to an end. Hopefully the kids will have some good memories of it as they get older.

No comments: