Friday, July 13, 2012

HELENA! Our Awesome Family Road Trip Vol. 3

We got ourselves up early and headed over MacDonald Pass to one of my very favorite capital cities...Helena! I was so excited! I hope the rest of the family was too!

standing at MacDonald Vista.  I love the view from up here!  (We also found a letterbox up at the top)
We got to GATES OF THE MOUNTAINS STATE PARK in plenty of time to take the boat ride on the Missouri River just like Lewis and Clark.  However, I think our boat was a tad nicer for travelers than theirs.

The Whitakers ready for the tour on the river.  Let's get this boat moving!
 Later in the day we went to Last Chance Gulch for the sole purpose of stopping by the Parrot Confectionery.  You would never know it, but there is a letterbox stashed in there.  We found it, then bought some delicious fudge.  You can always buy some online at www.parrotchocolate.com.


You can't go on a trip to Helena without going on the train!  This is such a great little tour of the town and I never tire of seeing all the old mansions on the hill!

It wouldn't be Montana without a giant bull skull.  Right?


 Last stop before off to bed?  Ice cream of course!  And a carousel ride!  Combine them both and you have a great little place to be entertained!  And our rides were free!  Even better!

No comments: