Monday, February 23, 2015

Silver Beaver

To quote Wikipedia:

"The Silver Beaver Award
 is the council-level distinguished service award
of the Boy Scouts of America.
Recipients of this award are registered adult leaders
who have made an impact on the lives of youth through service given to the council.
The Silver Beaver is an award given to those who implement the Scouting program
 and perform community service through hard work, self-sacrifice, dedication,
 and many years of service.
It is given to those who do not actively seek it."
 
When Aaron was 8 years old, his granddad, Patrick McCune received the Silver Beaver Award.
Now, Aaron was surprised to receive this same honor from our council.
It is true what Wikipedia says about it being given to those who don't actively seek it, because Aaron has never done anything with the boy scouts for his own gain.
No person in my book is more deserving for his many years of service.
And this service is still on-going. 
Next week he'll be on a freeze-out with the varsity scouts from our district. 
 
 

 
And just as with everything at Whit's End, there was a conflict for the evening.
I had a performance of a play I've been in at a local theatre, so I couldn't go to the ceremony.
Needless to say, I wasn't happy about that, but since I couldn't be there,
Aaron had his sons be his escorts on the stage.
It turned out to be a neat experience for them.
 


 



 
 
I also sent invitations out to family and friends.
Aaron was very surprised by all the people who showed up to support him.


 
Congratulations Aaron!  We couldn't be prouder!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Aaron, Well deserved..