Monday morning in Wales. We had big plans for this day.
Big plans.
Those of you who know me all too well, know that I am a wee bit obsessed with a certain movie. When I first decided to go to Great Britian, I knew that there would be so many things that I would want to see, that it would be impossible to see them all.
I had to whittle my list down.
To those things most important.
One of those "have to's" that made the list was this place.
Chatsworth House. Bakewell. DevonshireOr to the movie obsessed fans like me:
PEMBERLY
It was at this house that Joe Wright, director of the 2005 movie "Pride and Prejudice", shot the scenes for Mr. Darcy's house.
Luckily for me, this estate was only a two hour drive from Marlene's home, and even luckier, she was willing to drive us there.
With a little help from google maps, and a few times around some round-abouts, we made it!
(probably from the hundreds of times I've watched the film)
I couldn't help but take pictures of everything that looked familiar.




1 comment:
Hope you've made it home safe and sound. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.
Post a Comment