Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring Break!

Quite awhile ago, I realized that we had an entire week off for spring break this year.
With so much time, I wanted to go somewhere and do something, anything.
I really don't like crowds, so I'd have loved to plan a trip and head north where no one goes for spring break.
However, with Shenna three hours to the south, and her wanting to skip some classes and come along, we decided to head to Moab. 
Lynae and David decided to come too. They actually went earlier to get some golfing in and set up the condo.
By the time we left home, stopped to pick up Shenna and make it to Moab,
Lynae even had dinner waiting for us!
We just spent the evening relaxing.
Aaron and Enoch playing ping pong in the garage.
 The next morning we got up really early to start the hike to the famous Delicate Arch.
We were all mostly excited to be there.

Hiking that early in the morning was actually quite fun and we were in great spirits.
 
We just took our time.  The kids kept finding lots of fun places to either duck, hide, or climb to.
 



 Lynae and I ended up bringing up the rear and at one point took a slight detour and lost our group.

With a bit of backtracking, we found them again.
 
 
With only a few panic attacks from my child with a healthy fear of heights,
we made it to the arch.




 
Some of them even went out underneath the arch itself. namely,
Aaron, Shenna, Kiera, Lynae and David.
 
 
The rest of the time was spent hiking to other arches and landmarks.
It was a beautiful day.
 



 
Later on we decided to drive over to Dead Horse Point State Park.
This is when Enoch -or known by his indian name "He who hates heights" - about lost it.
There was no way he was going to let us take him up on that ridge where he could fall to his death.
However, after much sobbing and Mom literally dragging him to the top,
he realized that there is a wonderful rock wall built that could keep him from a 2000 ft. plummet.
 


 
He even got brave enough to go over onto the overlook with the rest of the family.
 
The next day, Shenna, Samuel and I had to get up early once again, so
we could meet up and go zip lining up on the rim.
This actually turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip.
 
Since Aaron and Kiera will be going zip lining this summer, and Enoch is .....well you get the idea, we decided just to have us three go this time.
The zip lining was a blast, but getting to the zip lines in the all-terrain vehicles was just as much fun. I can now say I have been jeeping in Moab as well.
Samuel just kept saying how awesome it was. 
He really had a great time.
Shenna didn't like the jeep ride, but she had a great time  zip lining.
I was actually quite nervous, but it turned out to be really fun.
I'm glad I did it with my kids.
 
 
 


After zip lining, the others picked us up and it was time to head home.  We dropped Shenna off at her apartment on the way through and arrived home with time to unpack and clean up before it was back to normal life after our Moab Adventure. 

No comments: