The parade lasted around an hour and 20 minutes. Three actual floats went by. Lots of horses. Followed by pooper scoopers (thanks FFA). Tons of Tractors. Random politicians and civic groups in cool cars. Local high school sports teams A miriad of princesses and queens, riding horses, in cars, on semi trailers. Unfortunately, no glass carriages to be seen.
We can't forget the cheerleaders. Or the the little dancing girls marching down the street. (speaking of which, the little girls marched, yet our high school drill team didn' t even make an appearance this year. Huh???) The gymnasts showing off their moves were cool. The list could go on and on.
The boys favorite part? All the candy being thrown. My favorite part? The one and only awesome high school marching band!
Luckily, gone is the era of very hot uniforms for the street marching Now just a polo and pants or shorts will do.
Both girls did a great job, and as long as they keep marching, I'll keep going to see the parade!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Marching anyone???
Ahhh, the annual parade in town...can it get much better? Sitting in the scorching heat for an hour waiting for the parade to start after finding a parking space a mile away. At least we found a spot close to where we usually sit - People were actually saving spaces along the parade route three days before. My comment to that? What do they think it is....the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? PLEASE. Truly I think people here need to get out more..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't get the saving places thing either, and it started especially early this year for the parade. Why should some people be so unique that they can set a chair out in a prime spot and it is 'saved'? If they want that certain spot, then they should get there early and sit in it like everyone else. I always have the urge to pull my car over and gather up the chairs and rope and tape and take them to the DI.
I didn't make it to the parade this year, but at the fair I have been known to move people's chairs and ropes they have 'saving' a parking spot so I can park there. If they aren't there then they don't need a parking spot, and if I am there, then I do need to park. It drives me crazy! It reminds me of elementary school playground games.
Post a Comment