Saturday, April 24, 2010

SPRING BREAK

I had really been looking forward to spring break this year. It was a week later than most other school districts and we had fun things planned. The weather looked to be excellent, so things were going to be perfect.

I've learned my lesson.


Never plan on perfection.

I thought it would be fun to take the kids to do something different each day of spring break. We would start with going ice skating with the cousins at the awesome rink not too far away. All the kids love to ice skate. Perfect.

The next day, bowling was in the plans. Reserve a couple lanes. Have bumpers on one of them. Rent shoes. Perfect.

Monday would be reserved for swimming. I have four fish in the water thanks to red cross swimming lessons. We also have a family pass at the local pool. Perfect.

Tuesday would be going out to eat at the restaurant of choice--the local greasy spoon we love so much. I can taste the picadilly fries now. Perfect.

Did I mention that one must never make perfect plans?


I woke up on Friday morning to something I haven't had since 1st grade.....

PINK EYE!


I immediately lined up the children and inspected. Samuel also had pink eye. So, it was off to the doctor's office.
For us.
For drops.

The kids did make it to the rink with the cousins while I stayed away from all bystanders.



Saturday, Shenna woke up with the pink plague.
Sunday was Kiera's turn.

Monday and Tuesday were spent putting eyedrops into
eight different eyes.
Four times a day.
Not exactly what I had planned for our perfect spring break.

1 comment:

Kessiah Kitty Katniss said...

Oh well, at least it was memorable in some way!