Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Greatest SNOW on Earth!

Last week Aaron and I got a sad email from Brother Scholes at "Snow's" Institute of Religion. The church has changed its policies on institute choirs, so the LD Singers -an institute sponsered show choir - will be drastically changed come next year. I was in this show choir when I attended Snow many years ago. Aaron was also in the group. I've had 5 neices and nephews in the group as well (the last is currently in it).
Before this email, we were thinking about going to the spring concert to see Lyssa perform.
After the email, we knew we had BETTER go and see the concert, since it was to be the last one.
We got the kids out of school early on Friday and headed to Sanpete County.
Our first order of business was showing the kids all the old haunts......half of which are now just spots of ground since the buildings have been torn down to make room for bigger and better facilities.

The weather was cooperative for April. It was mainly jacket weather while we were walking around, and the sun was shining. I'm just glad it wasn't raining!

The kids standing by the two men for whom the college is named; Lorenzo and Erastus Snow.

Of course we had to go to the bookstore and spend lots of money
so the kids could show off their BADGER pride!
Kiera and Enoch both got t-shirts.
Shenna bought a jacket with her own money.
Samuel just had to have a Snow College football.


Basically I can say that life has come full circle. In contemplating my time at Snow College and my time in LD Singers, I realized that my niece Lyssa wasn't even born when I was there! Now here she is performing with the same group that I was in so many years ago.
Congratulations Lyssa and LD Singers on a great concert and a finale on so many years!








No comments: