(Samuel with Grandpa Hansen and cousin Jarom after grandpa recieved his Silver Beaver award)
The other highlight involved my son Sam. We arrived at the church where the awards were to be presented rather early because I - being nervous and a control freak - needed to know exactly what I was supposed to do in order to present my dad with the Silver Beaver.
We were in the chapel for a little while when Sam wanted to know if he could go out to the car and get his book to read while he waited for the meeting to start. I gave him the keys and off he went. I decided that I needed a drink, so I went out of the chapel in search of a fountain. As I got to the foyer, I saw Samuel heading for the door. Just at that moment, coming up the church sidewalk was a little elderly lady with a walker. I about called out to Sam, but before I could, he ran over to the door and held it open wide for this woman. He hadn't even seen me and still doesn't know that I saw this small act of service. As the lady walked in she said, "Oh what a wonderful little gentleman scout!"
I couldn't have been prouder!


2 comments:
Ahh, doesn't that just make a mother's heart sing!
Those are the paydays for parents! Your kids are great, I'm not surprised.
Post a Comment