Sunday, March 21, 2010

Music is in the Air

After much persuasion from her band teacher Mrs. Horne (isn't that a great name for a band teacher by the way?) Shenna auditioned for the Bridgerland Honors Band which is comprised of 8th and 9th graders from junior highs in the surrounding counties.
The kids were able to go to my alma mater for three days of rehearsals, workshops and just a lot of fun. On Saturday we were able to go and listen to their concert.
I was really impressed with how well these kids did. The audition was very tough and they really got the cream of the crop I think. I had a hard time believing that they were all junior high kids. They could play so well.

I tried and tried to upload a video of one of their songs, but to no avail. I will have to settle for a picture we took quickly at intermission of Shenna and her friend Samantha.

No comments: