Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Whitakers' Wild Weekend

The weekend started out with the local county rivalry high school football game.  This is the one game that I try to make it to every year.
This year, Enoch was the only one "game" enough to go with me.
- actually, Kiera was there with the marching band.
Aaron and Sam were selling scuba burgers at the Peach Days festivities to the south of us.
 
First we ran into Uncle Thad Hansen on the opposing team's side. 
He makes it clear who he cheers for.
We still love him.

 Enoch and I had a great time on our team's side of the playing field.
We bought food, visited with old friends, and watched our high school team play a good game.
 
 
Saturday morning while everyone else went to the Peach Day's annual Parade,
Enoch and I found ourselves alone once more. 
Enoch had a soccer game at the same time
-which he scored two goals in by the way!
 
Later on in the afternoon, I headed to town to my cousin's birthday party.
I couldn't resist taking a picture. 
This is what makes large families so fun.
Floyd is my first cousin.  We share the same grandpa.
My dad and his mother were brother and sister.
There is only about 46 years separating us!
 
 
Happy 90th birthday, Floyd!
Oh, and we were also celebrating his wife's 90th birthday.
And their 70th wedding anniversary.
What an amazing couple!
 
Last, but not least, we all headed over to Aaron's brother Matt's house
for the rest of the family reunion that started with the parade in the morning.
We ate some great food, and had a wonderful time visiting with all his brothers and their wives.
The highlight was seeing his sister Suzanne and her husband Chris.
They came all the way from Portland to visit. 
 
 
 
I'm so glad that we were able to squeeze so many fun things into two days!


No comments: