Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our Staycation

This year for spring break we decided to stay around home and
enjoy some of the sights and things to do around our area. 
 
The first day of vacation, River had an appointment to get his hair cut.
We took him over and dropped him off.
 
We had four hours to kill before he was done, so some of us went shopping at the mall.
Others went to the more manly location of Lowes.
After the shopping was done,
 
 
 We went rock climbing.
As always we had the brave ones and the not so brave ones.
However, everytime we go, we end up higher and higher.
I do really well if I don't look down.
I usually spend most of my time on the ground belaying.
 
 
The next day we had plans to go to a nearby beach. 
That is exactly what we did!
We had to walk a bit to get to the water though.
Any guesses as to where we are?
 


 
For the grand finally of our staycation,
the next night we grabbed the projector and a movie.
Plus some snacks, sleeping bags, chairs and blankets
and went over to the hanger to eat dinner and watch a movie
projected on one of the walls.
 

 
The hanger is really big and clean AND also very dark.
Perfect for a movie night.
We watched an old Disney movie from 1982
"Night Crossing"
Which was a great choice to watch.
 
Even though we didn't actually go very far from home over the school break,  I think we still had fun and the best part was just doing it together.

3 comments:

JenB said...

Four hours to wait for a haircut? Yikes! My boys like rock climbing, I tried it once, my arms are much weaker than I thought they were! I remember the movie "Night Crossing" ... intense!

I like Stay-cations much more than vacations. I get too stressed out by the big ones. I prefer little things and still sleeping in my own bed :)

Krista Lyn said...

River Is Such A Fun Dog!( My Phone Is Randomly Capitalizing Everything). I Have Tried ROck Climbing A Few Times And Loved It!

Steve and Denise said...

You are so good at creating fun memories for your kids! Sounds like a great weekend!