Our packs' Blue and Gold banquet was held Tuesday night.
Fun was had by all.
We were very proud of Samuel.
He recieved his religious knot, a couple of activity badges,
and his Webelos Badge.
In order to get the webelos badge, a cub scout must be active in their den for a minimum of three months (along with other requirements). Sam has just been in the den for four months, so he actually earned it sooner than a lot of boys.
Along with the actual badge for the boys' shirts, comes a pin affectionately known as a "mother's pin". Everyone knows who it is that really helps the boys earn their badges. Sam gets to pin it on my ribbon. These are the best invention. The cub scouts pin the pin onto the ribbon instead of their mom's shirts. It avoids many an embarrasing moment.
The blue and gold side is for the cub scout pins and the red and tan for the boy scout pins. I'll put all the boys pins on this ribbon. I love it!
2 comments:
Very cool...I love the "mother's ribbon" Is that standard issue now or something you just did? I'm excited to have Cub Scouts...although I still have a few years!
Way to go Sam! It still seems weird we weren't there. I still have some of that ribbon after sewing about 40 of them a few years ago. How's the pack's supply?
Post a Comment