I usually don't do a post without pictures, but this story is truly one that needs to be shared.
On Sunday I helped Enoch get dressed.
I know, he is seven, and should be able to do it himself, but he is a slowpoke.
And I'm in a hurry.
So, I help him dress.
I put on his white shirt, and helped him tuck it into his trousers.
Then I put his belt on for him and did it up.
He was ready for church.
When we parked in the parking lot, I noticed he had forgotten his coat.
Oh well. He will learn.
I had to get the kids out of Sunday School because we were going to
my sister's church to hear her family sing.
That is when I noticed IT.
I asked, "Enoch! What is that red thing underneath your white shirt?"
I could see something red underneath his collar.
He was walking in front of me.
And plainly from the back I could see what it was.
The number and the name gave it away...his England football jersey.
This child had taken the time after I had helped him get dressed to:
1. Take off his white shirt.
2. Put on his soccer jersey.
3. Put his white shirt back on.
4. AND, tuck it in!
I am still in disbelief!
However, a part of me is proud.
I truly have a soccer fanatic in the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment