Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Samuel!

Today is Sam's 10th birthday! It is hard to believe that 10 years have passed already.
He spent the morning going to church and participating in the annual primary program. He did a good job with his speaking part, and had to tell me that not only did he sing the required primary songs, but he sang all the hymns as well.
I couldn't decide what kind of cake to make for awhile, and Sundays generally don't leave a lot of time for leisure baking, so I came up with a Jack Skellington face. Sam really liked the Haunted House ride at Disneyland last week, and they had it all changed to "The Nightmare Before Christmas" story for Halloween, so the cake was a good fit for him.

He was happy with his presents: a pair of binoculors so he doesn't have to use Dad's anymore, a battling tops game (that they played with for literally hours this afternoon) and an airsoft rifle.

1 comment:

Krista Lyn said...

I love the battling top game!!!!!!!! Where did you get it??