Friday, August 6, 2010

Changes

Change.
Not my favorite word.
I've come to realize that the words LIFE and CHANGE are the same.

With Dad passing away on July 22, change happened.
I don't like change.

In trying to comfort my kids (and myself), I've talked and thought alot about what a wonderful time he is having.
Seeing so many people that he hasn't seen in so long.
Meeting all those new people he has never met.

I find comfort in words penned by Penelope Moody Allen.

Come home, loved voices call.
Come home where you belong.
Come home to live in joy
Forever in our family throng.

I'm sure the throng of family were so anxious to see him again.
but,
we are a throng of family here.

Does he miss us? Does he miss me?

I know one thing.

I'll never stop missing him.




1 comment:

Treasure Hunter said...

Joan,
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. I'm so glad the whole family was able to be there for his 90th. Hang in there.