
Aaron completed his first official 10K yesterday in Brigham City. This race has been his goal from the start when he began running this past spring. The Peach Day's 10K is considered one of the hardest in Utah as the route is quite hilly, being that Brigham City was built on an aluvial plain. I volunteered to be the official photographer. You be the judge of how well I did though. See the itty bitty person in the above picture? You can barely make him out in the black shorts and white t-shirt, but he is there. Next time maybe I'll use the ZOOM.

For just running 10 kilometers, he doesn't look too shabby. He was so happy to be finished, he didn't even notice the time on the clock. Luckily my brother Daryl was at the finish line and remembered the official time which was 59:51.00. Not bad for a person who has never run competitively before. I must also mention that just the day before the race, he measured the distance he had been running to train and realized that he was a mile short, so this is the furthest he has ever run!
3 comments:
Joan, That is so awesome! Tell Aaron "GOOD JOB!" from Will and I. We thought it was funny that he is so super-smart, and goofed up on his training by a mile. :)
Joan--I got a picture of Aaron as he passed (I think from the back)--I'll get it to you, but I didn't get a very good one of Steve, because a girl was right by his side!
Wow! That's great! Good Job!
Post a Comment