
A couple of weekends ago, we took a trip with the family up to White Pine Lake to camp overnight. It was Samuel and Enoch's first moderate hiking trip and they did great! Our family actually started out hiking first and then our neighbors, the Blacks and the Freezes, followed on horses with the pack horses coming last. I guess the pack horses weren't thrilled and gave them a hard time so the going was slow for them.

We got into camp just before dark with the horse group coming in about a half an hour later. We ended up eating dinner about 10:30 p.m. All four kids slept in the pup tent and Aaron and I just slept out under a tarp. I actually had a pretty good night. I got cold a couple of times, but not enough to keep me awake. THANK GOODNESS!

Breakfast over the camp fire is always yummy, and the kids enjoyed riding the horses around the next morning.

The boys aren't as used to horses since we sold ours when they were little. Shenna still is a bit leary since the time she was thrown off of Cricket when she was about three, so I don't think she rode this time. I don't think we got back to the trucks until about 6:00 the next afternoon. We were very dirty and tired, but in a good way.
1 comment:
White Pine Lake up by Tony Grove right? I've hiked up there but just the one time...loved the hike :)
Post a Comment